Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest #11.298

From: Steve ZPJ <ZPJ@huskbeat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 20:42:21 +0000
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest #11.298
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

jbuchwald@huey.csun.edu (Norman Buchwald) recently wrote:

>103042.307@CompuServe.COM (KateKnight) wrote:
>>

>>               Never bought a Kate "boot."
>>               Never would do that to an artist.
>>               Never for ever.
>>

>>                                 +
>>                              + KK +
>>                                 +
>>
>>--
>>"Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted."
>

>Well, Kate, you'll never get to hear some of Kate's earlier songs (on her
>home demos then).  You're really missing out.  And you can get them on
>CD.  (If not online, anymore :(   )     So keep that in mind.
>
>                                                Stormin' Norman
>>
> But it hurts me.  It hurts me.  Honey, honey!  And I feel like a waltz
>growing old.

Sorry, but I have to agree with KK. I would never want to hurt Kate
by buying a bootleg of hers. As it happened I was recently bought
quite a few of them for a birthday present and, although very
grateful to be able to hear her earlier work, quite depressed to
think that she is not receiving any money for them. More than that,
when non-Kate fans hear the unprofessional sounding recordings (like
on the Home Demos) a lot of them tend to think less of her without
realising that this is not meant for release because Kate has decided
that they are not up to scratch. I admit that these people are narrow
minded to think that but, still, it happens. Besides, I think that
Kate's fans should respect her intentions. She didn't want to release
them so I still will never buy one.

PS. I'm not getting at you for buying them, I can't blame you for
wanting more of Kate.
--
Steve ZPJ (zpj@huskbeat.demon.co.uk)

-- Anyone who can stay sane in this world must be mad --