Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jane Siberry at the Coach House - My Review

From: KateKnight <103042.307@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 20 Nov 1995 07:00:17 GMT
Subject: Re: Jane Siberry at the Coach House - My Review
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

     Essentially beautiful ....
     I too was lucky enough to see Jane in "concert," her last
tour (1993) when she sang very little and mostly showed the films
she had directed (a very natural talent here) and read some of
her delicious poetry.
     Next to seeing Kate, I hoped to hear Jane sing live before I
died. I got my wish, in a tiny theatre in Santa Monica, Ca. which
was destroyed in the earthquake four months later.
     I was also moved beyond belief. She is an incredible talent.
When I have introduced her music to someone I describe her as
"the Kate Bush of Canada."
     Jane is unique, of course, but I am glad there are two
impossibly gifted ladies in the world like these.

                                   +
                                + KK +
                                   +

--