Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

non-Kate fan - yet

From: Chia min Andrea Yao <cay@acpub.duke.edu>
Date: 17 Nov 1995 21:06:34 GMT
Subject: non-Kate fan - yet
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa, cay@acpub.duke.edu

Hi, I've never heard anything by Kate Bush yet but I am a huge Tori Amos fan.
Considering how often the two are linked I want to attempt to venture into Kate
Bush land.  So, question is, where do I start?  Does Kate Bush have one
overwhelmly favorite album among fans (like Tori and Little Earthquakes) or is
there disagreement amongst the ranks (like Sarah Mclachlan and well, all her
stuff).  I heard that her most commercially popular album isn't the one which
her die hard fans are most devoted to.  What are these two albums?  Which
albums just don't sound like her (so I should avoid them when getting aquainted
with her)?  Please help me get started.  Plus, I don't seem to be able to
subscribe to this usegroup so please e-mail me personally (cay@acpub.duke.edu)
Thanks.

Gratefully,
Andrea