Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate's vegetarianism

From: Chris Williams <chrisw@miso.wwa.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 95 17:29 CST
Subject: Kate's vegetarianism
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

In article <1236.6524T887T1054@sensualworld.compulink.co.uk>,
   Adrian@sensualworld.compulink.co.uk (Adrian Neal) wrote:

>Kate is a vegetarian, do you want her to leave you alone too?

   Actually, this is subject to debate. According to reports, Kate
added fish to her diet several years ago.

   Kate was a committed vegetarian, writing several articles about
it for the KBC and one for a UK magazine, but we don't know how strict
her diet was.

  Once, on eMpTyVee, Adam Curry mentioned that he interviewed her for
a dutch magazine. Kate had somebody run out to pick up lunch. He was
shocked when they brought back McDonalds.

   I wrote him to confirm this, and he insisted that this was true.

   Now, it *is* possible to eat a meatless meal at McDonalds, but at
that time (before Curry was on eMpTyVee) McDonalds fried in animal fat.
They have switched to vegetable oil, but at that time, I believe
everything fried was done in animal fat. So, the fries and even the
pies and fish fillets were cooked in fat.

   If this is to be believed, Kate was a vegetarian, but not a very
strict one, and definitely not a vegan. She does wear leather.