Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate in FHM

From: pmramey@ix.netcom.com (Paul M. Ramey )
Date: 9 Nov 1995 04:26:38 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate in FHM
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>:   this 37-year-old songstress first made her name in 1978 with her
>:   caterwauled chart toppper "Wuthering Heights". Similarily off-key
>:   hits like "The Man With the Child in His Eyes", "Babushka",
>:   "Running Up That Hill", ensued; throughout it all she remained as
>:   gorgeous as she was mammacious.

Overlooking the stupid sexism in this quote for a second, where do they
get the "off-key" bit? Kate has always seemed to have a pretty decent
sense of pitch on record, at least to my ears. But then again, I'm sure
the author(s) of this article are as well-informed about music in
general as they are about the subjects they write about ("Babushka"?).

Paul (PMRamey@ix.netcom.com)