Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Heather Nova

From: st@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk (Scott Telford)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 13:16:27 GMT
Subject: Re: Heather Nova
To: rec-music-gaffa@uknet.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk (UseNet News Admin)

In article <Pine.3.89.9510292127.A28164-0100000@post.cis.smu.edu>, John
D. Walker (jdwalker@post.cis.smu.edu) wrote:
>     I'm sitting here listening to Heather Nova's "Oyster" which I just
> picked up today after reading about it here.  It doesn't sound a lot like
> Kate, but it is quite good.  Sort of like Sarah McLachlan with loud
> electric guitars.  Anybody know anything about Heather?  I had never heard
> of her until seeing her mentioned here.

Check out http://star.cs.vu.nl/~epdouden/nova/ on the Web (if you can
fight your way through the Information SuperHighway gridlock all the way
to Amsterdam, that is 8-)

>     It's definitely more guitar oriented than Kate or Sarah's stuff.  I like
> what I've heard so far.

"Oyster" was partly produced by Youth ("The Big Sky", Killing Joke, Blue
Pearl etc.). I like it too. Quite grungy in parts. Definitely quite
interesting, IMHO.

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.(+44 131 650 5978)