Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-35 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: things I found in the US which I would've bought if I didn't have'em already

From: Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@huey.csun.edu>
Date: 30 Oct 1995 20:05:53 GMT
Subject: Re: things I found in the US which I would've bought if I didn't have'em already
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel) wrote:
>Hi!
>
>during my recent holiday I found some things some people might have searched
>for quite a while:
>
>- 2 copies of
>  "A Visual Documentary"
>  and 2 copies of
>  "Secret History of Kate Bush (And The Strange Art Of Pop)",
>  both in Tower Records in New Orleans (next to Hard Rock Cafe)
>- another copy of the MiniDiscs for The Sensual World and The Red Shoes,
>  as well as a Japanese boxed set ($195),
>  all in HMV in Washington DC (Georgetown)
>
>Bye,
>
>Uli
>

>--
>"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
>[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]

Uli,

    The great news is that the two Kate Bush biographies (provided by
Ominbus Press) are now widely available.  I believe any Tower store that
sells books should either have them on hand or can special order them for
you.  I was just in the Tower store in Los Angeles on Sunset Blvd. (the
famous one) and it had the Japanese Kate Bush box set, too, but for
$179.99, about the same price that CDNow is selling it (http://cdnow.com)
  What's great about the Japanese set is that it contains lyrics to the
B-sides (I have that set a few years now, and I just gave Bryan Dungary
some lyrics corrections to his "complete lyrics."  The lyrics in TWW ARE
official, noted to be published by Kate Bush, inc.  With the exception of
"Lord of the Reedy River" under Donovan.  The lyrics for "Reedy
River" printed there are different from what Kate sings.)  Also, while
I'm here, I hope everyone knows that you can order the Kate Bush Home
Demos CD through CDNow, as well (import from Italy.)  Just got mine two
days ago, and glad to finally hear the remaining demos I haven't heard to
this point!  The selection available from CDNow is tremendous and takes
my breath away!  They offer several concert CD's, official and unofficial
(imports from different countries).  Of course, the problem is, (as we
all know) they're almost all from the same time period with the same
songs.  <pout>  When I'm ready, I'll stick with good sound quality and go
for Hammersmith Odeon.

                                                          The Storm

                                             Murderer!  Murderer of calm!