Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: News Administrator <news@poseidon.actrix.gen.nz>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 14:15:54 +1300
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa,alt.religion.wicca
From: anthony@atlantis.actrix.gen.nz (Anthony Hobbs)
Subject: Re: Peter Reich, Things Wiccan
Sender: news@actrix.gen.nz (News Administrator)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 01:15:42 GMT

In article <01HWL49WJ06Q00048N@mirinz.org.nz>,  <R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz> wrote:

>      I'm interested in reading up on Wiccan culture and other areas of
>      paganism that Her works have been associated with. Can anyone
>      recommend some good books?

_The Spiral Dance_ by Starhawk: _Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner_ by
Scott Cunningham; _Drawing Down the Moon_ by Margot Adler. Um, I don't
think KaTe's ever been associated with a particular brand of Wicca, or
even of wider neo-paganism - the chorus to "Lily", however, is derived
from a widely-known occult ritual called the Lesser Banishing Ritual of
the Pentagram. Except, of course, she gets the angels the wrong way round.

I always love what Kate said to that fundie guy who harrassed her on a
call-in radio show in '79: "Yes, I believe in God, but I wonder if it's
the same one as yours".

For more info, check out alt.religion.wicca. :)

--
Anthony "Slug of Doom" Hobbs, GCP: musician and amateur ranter, Wellington, NZ.
 	hobbs_a@ix.wcc.govt.nz		 anthony@actrix.gen.nz