Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush Club

From: kln@crl.com
Date: 23 Oct 1995 00:29:50 GMT
Subject: Kate Bush Club
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Kerry,

I hope you kept a copy of that Sutherland interview, because
it is probably gone for good, along with your self-addressed
envelope.  The Kate Bush Club seems to be operating at only
a minimal level, with some surprises occasionally like signed
photos appearing at evident whim.  They have a complicated
system of International Reply Coupon mailings which only
a mediaeval alchemist could possibly understand the workings of.

Fortunately we can just about count on a nice color photo
book when an album comes out, with plenty of notice, but
that's about all.

As far as we've been able to tell from stories that leak out, the
(probably hundreds of) tapes sent to the KBC may or may not
be listened to by Paddy, Kate, Lisa, friends of the family,
anyone hanging around on Sunday afternoon.

None of the above seems to be very organized. If you think
about it, they couldn't even keep track of a taped vocal from Prince
that they were using on an album, and had to have someone do an
imitation of him!

All of which leaves me wondering why they don't HIRE someone
to manage a true fan club.  Of course, if they did, then we'd have
someone looking over our shoulders and telling us whether or not
we could make tee shirts and collections of tapes (remember the Sarah
McLaughlin tee shirt fiasco?) which we really don't want.  So it
is a kind of trade off.

Actually, it would be nice if someone would regularly post the latest
IRC number that KBC is asking for.  Last I heard it was 11, I sent one
and of course, never received a thing.  Has anyone kept up with them?
Would you post a list of mailings, if any, that have come out since The
Red Shoes book?

Karen  kln@a.crl.com