Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

House Of The Future Project (HOTFP)

From: cbullard@HiWAAY.net (Len Bullard)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 20:39:41 -0500
Subject: House Of The Future Project (HOTFP)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Subject: RE:RE:katename

| The telephone calls are tremendously expensive. That's why I
| had to dump Del. It was an economic decision. Del or my net fix.

Alright!  I love the new lyrics.  Do it live!!!!  WIth the Ballet Dancers!!!

Wow!!

For anyone interested in the House of the Future project,
some VRMLers have signed on to help.  Anyone interested
in this should go http:\\www.caligari\com\...\fountain
and get the Fountain.exe.  That is a combination VRML
viewer and browser.  It's beta like most things VRML
but its there and it works.  Work it.

Jeff Sonstein at NewCollege has volunteeered to
get some technical material together for those
of us who are VRML neophytes (me!).  I will mail
it to those who send me their proof of having
a VRML system to work.  I don't want to crowd
this list with technical stuff.  We'll keep ya posted
on what's happening and when there is something
to see.  Patience.  This is much harder than HTML.

We need ideas from the you!   Particularly objects one
would find in Kate's house.  Keep it simple.  Symbols
are important, particularly ones that will lead to other
worlds.  Remember, objects nest just like ideas.

We need as many net addresses of ThingsKate
as can be found.  Picture archives, web sites,
etc. are most useful because these are the sources
for things textural and emotional from which
we can make the worlds.

Just because its 3D doesn't mean it won't have text.  ;-)

The amount of audio and video used depends
greatly on whether we can locate a site willing
to host this when it is done.  For now we
can assemble the world without that for the most
part.  Like anything on the net, its an issue of
resources and bandwidth, so clever counts a lot here.

cheers

len (NOT KATE! NOT KATE! NOT KATE! NOT KATE!)

PS:  I bought a Tori Amos album to see what the
fuss is about.  I like her.  She's got some
compositional distance to cover to catch Kate Bush
but she's way ahead of me.  ;-)