Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Single File?

From: Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@csun.edu>
Date: 18 Oct 1995 20:21:07 GMT
Subject: Re: Single File?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>She [Sarah Maclachlan] recently said of Kate, "She's lost something she used to have."
>Please...who's she to judge?

Gosh.  I thought she said she wasn't listening to Kate anymore.  She once
said that she used to listen to Kate Bush all the time but had to stop.
And that was when she was recording "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy."  I assume
she had to stop because she felt a bit intimidated by Kate (or felt
inclined to write/compose, etc. like her).  So now she's saying this?
Hmm.  Sounds like a bit of jealousy still on her part.  Get over it,
Sarah.  You're doing good things now in your own right (on Fumbling).
Keep developing.  Was it necessary to scorn one of your mentors?

                                                     Stormin' Norman

                                         "Murderer.  Murderer of calm."