Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sunday All Over the World

From: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu (Anthony Kyle Monday)
Date: 18 Oct 1995 19:00:14 GMT
Subject: Re: Sunday All Over the World
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <45pg5p$k2u@news.unicomp.net>, mmoore@prysm.com wrote:

> Is anyone familiar with the band Sunday All Over the World?
> This band has been described as a cross between Kate Bush
> and King Crimson.    I have the only CD I've ever found, and
> the description is correct.  The band included Robert Fripp and
> his wife Toyah Wilcox.  Toyah does remind many people of Kate.

Indeed, it also includes Trey Gunn, who is in the latest Crimson
incarnation as well as the last Sylvian/Fripp albums. This is an excellent
album, and sadly overlooked by the entire world, it seems. I often see it
used for a measly four bucks.

> Has Toyah done any other music??

I believe she has two solo albums, one of which Fripp appears on. I sat
behind Toyah and Fripp's sister when Fripp played here a few years back.
She's stunning. I didn't have the nerve to speak to her though.

         Anthony Kyle Monday           /     "Good night, ladies
              e-mail:                 /    Good night, sweet ladies
   akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu     /      Good night, Good night"