Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A word of authority?

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 11:37:22 -0100
Subject: A word of authority?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Okay. As far as I can see, no one else got a photo lately. I understand,
this means, I am your certified leader for the next time. Can anyone, the
one with the last photo prefered, tell me my duties, please?

Some Euroboy (you're in Europe now? Help!) blathered:
> - it's a shame her later works cannot compeat with her earlier works!

which is (as a general statement) so obviously and completely wrong, that I
can't leave it uncorrected. As IED was apparently not present, I MUST say:

Hey Euroboy!

Ever heard of "You're the One"?
The universally accepted Opus Eximium of this century?
Ever heard at least the title? "You're - The - One" ???
  Heah???   - No?
- Go home..    (add a wintry Harrison Ford smile here!)

Authorized by HERself, I would like to give this first order:
*
* Every mail to lovehounds should contain at least One Positive
* Complete Sentence about Kate Bush.
*
I know, this may be difficult for some folks, so I will allow the widest
possible interpretations of the above rule. To give an example: S R I will
get through. Also, a lyrics quote without discussing it, will be accepted.
If anyone is unsure about his mail, feel free to send it to me first. Don't
try to find obscure grammatical constructions. No way.

I enjoin every lovehound to do so, from now on. Everyone, who offends
against this rule, is outlawed. There is only one possibility to ransom
yourself:

  Digitalize the complete Homeground.
   Sounds trivial, but try it (I failed): "Is this a 'w' or a 'd'? Is this
   a word or some ornament? Oh, shit..." So, be careful..

(Maybe I should wait until everyone is outlawed? Then everyone has to type
in only one or three pages... Caution! This is no invitation to do
something unwise.)

A positive reply also:
Bryan Dongray's quote:
> "...You want my reply? What was the question?..."

This is a very good opportunity to remind you of The Big Sky Meteor. Mix!
Listen and test your speakers!! Blow 'em up! Enjoy the Big Sky with KaTe!
JUMP!

You know my quote already: "You want alchemy? ..."

                  - S  R  I -

Best wishes
    Wieland

And Euroboy: I saw, you like ""Alchemy", but that's no ticket to say things
like that above. "You're the One", try to fix this title in your brain!

PS: Oh, oh, oh, this responsibility. I can't stand it any longer! Kate,
please send someone else a photo!!! Need a name? Address? A lovehounds
certificate of good conduct (available from Bill Wisner on request)?

PPS: I can definetely confirm IED's discovery, that the painting in ASIL is
really La Tour's "Joseph the Carpenter". I saw it now, it's true.
Read Andrew's new book: "How to become a Katective" !