Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

False alarm in Hatfield

From: 100427.2530@compuserve.com (Peter Chow)
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 1995 00:50:33 GMT
Subject: False alarm in Hatfield
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In a heart-stopping episode today at work, we had a 'phone call from
Kate Bush...

I work for a video facilities outfit in Hatfield, some 20 miles out of
London. The 'phone rang as me and my boss were contemplating how both
of us had failed to spot an obvious mistake on some new printed
circuits we were working on. Mike wandered over to the 'phone and
answered it.

There followed a brief conversation that started,

"Terrington Video, Mike speaking..."

"Well, I'm Mike, her husband... Marion isn't here at the moment... Who
is this calling?..."

"Kate Bush?... What? As in *Kate Bush*, Kate Bush??"

At this point I nearly fell out of my chair and stared at Mike like he
had just announced that aliens had visited him last night. My mind
went blank, I shut my gaping mouth and said,

"WHAT??"

Mike shouted out of the workshop to Marion and she picked up the other
'phone and he hung up. My mind raced...

I kept stumm and tried not to look stupid. A few minutes later, Marion
walked in and I tried to look casual while asking what the caller
wanted...

Somewhat to my relief, Kate Bush turned out to be a marketing
exectutive from somewhere in London, following up on a product
questionaire that Marion filled in weeks ago.

"She often gets people confused on the telephone, apparently..."

Later...

Peter Chow from London (UK)