Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and Spirituality: No Responce??

From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 95 03:20:14 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate and Spirituality: No Responce??
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

>I'm sure some know--it's just that this question has been bantered about
>for nearly twenty years and, I think, many people,  especially among the
>Lovehounds, are a bit bored by the subject.  Listen to the music, read the
>lyrics, watch the videos, and come to your own conclusion.

   Some of us have come to the conclusion that the only accurate term is
"religious diliatante" (sp?). Kate was raised as a Catholic by parents
religious enough to babtize and confirm her, and send her to a convent
school. But she has not discussed churchgoing to any extent in the interviews
I've seen. So I assume that the family is fairly lapsed.

   Her father and older brother seem to be a major source of her exploration.
John is into karate, as a non-violent meditation system (I think.) He passed
his interest in Zen archery along to Kate (seen in the video to _Running Up
That Hill_.)

   Much was made of John and Kate's interest in the teachings of Gurdguiff
(sp?) especially Kate's incorporating his movement system into her dance.

   Following the death of her mother she apparently reached out to "Lily"
some sort of spirtualist.

   Hopefully, this too shall pass.