Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and Brasil (and more...)

From: Jose David Araujo - 941750-8 <jda94@aguia.inf.ufpr.br>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 14:30:23 -0300
Subject: Kate and Brasil (and more...)
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

>From: Javier Lopez Escamez
>Subject: Katetopia

>I just finished watching my tape and I enjoyed it a lot. This compilation
>is just fantastic. The fruitopia ads are definitely different from the
>ones shown here in spanish tv. I suppose the music here is played by the
>Cocteau Twins.

>A big THANKS to all the people who made this possible!!

>Eat the Music ... and Listen to the Fruit,
  Javier.

>PS: Any other spanish love-hound round there?.

Hey,  breakin' the Kateqet (houndiqet?)  (sorry  pals, I'm entering now
;>) How do I can get this tape? Some good katehearted person can e-mail
me  and tell me what is the tape? Sorry again.

A question: here in Brasil, Kate have a little few fans. Sony (and Emi)
never brings the  news, or records,  or boxes,  or even  tapes. The few
fans in this place forgotten by Kate (but we have a lot of bananas, and
guavas, and pomegranades here) are  kinda like "Highlanders": we  leave
(for love her) forever, but in the end, there will be only one.

Kate's  "Wuthering Heights" (first version)  reached the top then here,
so   as TKI.  Her  folowing albuns...   well, all  of   then were out  of
catalogue in one year after.

Can anyone tell me why Brasil (and other american countries) are always
forgotten? I know that she doesn't want to do a tour again, but...
"hope dies last."

David Araujo
e-mail-me:
jda94@aguia.info.ufpr.br

rite and record will tell
ya, without the band, it's hard to keep fresh.

Maybe her art isn't her greatest achievement.
Maybe you are.

len
Len Bullard