Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

When Kate is 55 (or more)

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 12:55:00 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: When Kate is 55 (or more)
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@csun.edu> wrote:
> I think "Warm and Soothing" may give an idea.  Maybe a sequel to "The Jig
> Of Life"?  I think her songs are always about eternity.  If anything, I
> think a second childhood may bring back a lot of her childlike wonder
> that I started to feel disappearing a bit on her last two albums.  And I
> miss that.  What do you think?

Good and interesting points.

I write:

I think her albums have gone along with her age, sort of, with exceptions,
and not necessarily all directly from her experiences, so I would guess
that at 55 she might be writing about children leaving home, partners
leaving for younger partners, life winding down, etc.
Which is all fine by me being just 4 years younger than Kate, I will
be able to relate to/understand these things better, just as I find and
have found much of her lyrics to date being able to relate to/understand,
if you know what I mean?

KB quote:	I'm feeling like a waltz growing old.
AC quote:	Can't wear her out, she can't grow old.

			Bryan Dongray