Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lionheart

From: Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@csun.edu>
Date: 30 Sep 1995 18:56:02 GMT
Subject: Re: Lionheart
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
To: jjh969@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I'm not being a "nicotine nazi."  I breathed my family's smoke the entire
time I grew up.  I just care about Kate's health, and I already had a
good friend (my age) who is suffering from lung cancer.  It's a voice of
concern.  I'm from Los Angeles where I think the city went too far
banning cigarette smoking in restaurants (even at certain areas outside)
outright.  And I have a sister who once had voice lessons when she was a
kid.  She now hardly can sing at all, and she smokes a pack and a half a
day.  I'm not moralistic.  I'm concerned.  And yes, I inhale smog all the
time, maybe more than you.  But I can't help it in the environment I live
in. (But I will be more than happy to own an electric car someday and do
my thing.)

                                             Stormin'Norman