Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Crossing Atlantic for three days. Can get Fruitopia Music ?

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 15:20:52 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Crossing Atlantic for three days. Can get Fruitopia Music ?
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: pfranken@pi.net

pfranken@pi.net (Peter Franken) wrote:
> A colleague of mine is hopping over the Atlantic for three days
> to Minneapolis.

When? I live here and am sure (know) can help out.

> I told him to look out for the Fruitopia Music or anything from Kate.

Fruitopia ads I think are just that, so unless he's bring a VCR to plug
in here, he's going to be out of luck! Are they for sale (IED)?
Anyway I've not seen the ads run around here (Minneapolis) recently.

> Does anyone know if it's on sale there or have any other good suggestions for
> stuff that I would like related to Kate he could get for me ?

Luckily, I'm a Minnapolisian, and have the ability to dub a Kateopia tape
into PAL format. Netherlands are PAL I believe? If you've been a lurker you'll
know what's on the tape, if not, there's lots of old Kate relevent TV stuff,
including ALL the US Fruitopia ads, plus a Japanese one. It's 2 hours long
of excellent stuff. Your local dub site (a few weeks back) would have been
in Germany - I think. You must have missed it.

> If it's not on sale there is there maybe a Kate fan who would be so kind to
> send a tape over ? Of course for compensation or trade.

No sale necessary (nor allowed), either get him to give me $3 so I can
buy a tape, or get him to bring one (need an E-120 or bigger), and I'll
record onto it, but I'd like (and so will you) a good quality tape,
preferrably newly bought, since it might help being in the unopened
plastic wrapper when he goes through US customs - a video from Amsterdam
might come under suspicion! Your colleague possibly does not want that
hassle, so him giving me $3 may be better.

I've posted this so everyone knows you're being helped, but I suggest
further discussions (like when and where to meet, phone numbers, etc)
can be done via personal email.
If my email address is not above it's "btd@cray.com".

	"...Something, someone--help them."
		"It's me."