Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ran Tan Waltz

From: Norman Buchwald <jbuchwald@csun.edu>
Date: 26 Sep 1995 22:44:39 GMT
Subject: Ran Tan Waltz
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I've been glancing at the Kate Bush pages on the WWW, and have also read
The Secret History of Kate Bush and The Whole Story (I think that's the
title of the biography) and I notice that Kate never talks about this
song.  Obviously, it's controversial, but anybody know the story behind
this "B" side to "Breathing" or Kate Bush Vol.1 of "This Woman's Work"
Box set?

                                                     Stormin' Norman

P.S.:  Stay away from "The Secret World of Kate Bush and the Strange Art
of Pop," unless you're interested in her genealogy.  Aside from the
family background, the author spends a lot of time talking about her
"sexual being" and presence, and not really a whole lot of her music.
And with descriptions that's bound to turn off any feminist or any true
fan, really, from the book.  (Kate herself has denounced this biography).
 He only talks about "The Dreaming," and even his interpretations are
boring.  (To hear what she has to say about "The Dreaming" and "Hounds Of
Love" look for her picture interview CD in stores.)  N