Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The servers are named!

From: larry@hal.com (Larry Hernandez)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 12:18:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The servers are named!
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

"Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us> wrote:
[...]
*I chose "lionheart" and "gaffa" because they are clearly identifiable
*with Kate, and not generic enough to be mistaken for anything else by
*someone who knows.

Boy, Stuart, your selections could not have been better. My sentimental
fave Kate album, the fantastic, phenomenal (ooh- dubbing those
Katetopia tapes for people is starting to imprint katewords in my brain),
and "gaffa" just happens to be the name of my workstation! :)

*A very warm congratulations, Cristin and Brian. You have much to be proud
*of! Your accomplishments will live on long after these humble
*SPARCservers become obsolete. (Because we'll still be using them. We
*never throw anything away!) :-)

[unabashed advertising mode on]

Ah, but once you lay your eyes on the brand new 64-bit Solaris-running
HALstation 300 Series workstations that were just introduced this very day,
you'll throw your SPARCservers right OUT the door and rename your HALstations
"Rocket" and "RUTH"!)

[unabashed advertising mode off]

Larry (jees, I can't believe I just did that)

Larry J. Hernandez               "Am I suspended in gaffa?"
HAL Computer Systems                       - Kate
larry@hal.com