Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ON DIRECTING

From: James Connor <James@codway.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 95 00:48:37 GMT
Subject: Re: ON DIRECTING
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <43d5rf$mbt@newsbf02.news.aol.com>
           kateknight@aol.com "KateKnight" writes:

> ... I can only dream of a
> simple (!) tour of the U.S., in medium-sized venues, with her sitting
> before a piano on an otherwise empty stage. We don't need a giant show!
> Your talent is enough.

This brings to mind that I **may** have in the attic somewhere on a betamax
tape (whatever that is) a "Tube" performance of "Under The Ivy" that was
broadcast in 1985. The sound will be mono but I think it was a recording of
a 'live' performance rather than mimed. Yeah it must have been 'live'
(or close to being 'live') as I heard this *before* the recorded version
and was surprised to hear it on the record two keys (at least)
lower and with the (*slightly* histrionic) backing vocal towards the end.

Anyway, if anyone has a betamax player
and could do a conversion to VHS for the greater good of all fans, let
me know (I'll have to get my sword out to fight off the bats - in the attic
that is).

Don't bother if this piece of archive (of her best song??)
is already readily available.

--
James Connor                               james@codway.demon.co.uk (preferred)
Wembley