Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Agent Provocateur?

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 16:06:25 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Agent Provocateur?
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

On Sat, 26 Aug 1995, KateKnight wrote:

> Hounds:
>
>                             I don't know, but it seems to me there is an
> AWFUL LOT of discussion regarding OTHER ARTISTS at this site. Sure, we're

Ok, everyone. Think back a few months when a twit calling himself
katemaniac@aol.com appeared in the group. Note the simlarity in names?
coincidence? I don't think so! Fodder for alt.conspiracy? You bet! Is
KateKnight really KateManiac under a new address? Is this just someone's
idea of a joke, creating aol accounts that parody all the worst and most
extreme examples of Kate fandom? Note the handles and compare them to
the type of posts we've seen.

Both of them are way over the top, and I'm sure I detect a note of
tongue-in-cheek on the most recent post by KateKnight. Perhaps a slip
of the mask?

It fits, doesn't it?

scasterg@dispatch.com == Stuart M. Castergine        |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/
In life's grief                                      |               |\
Can you hang on to me? --Kate Bush, _Big Stripey Lie_|