Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: OTHER PEOPLE'S MUZAK

From: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu (Anthony Kyle Monday)
Date: 27 Aug 1995 00:08:43 GMT
Subject: Re: OTHER PEOPLE'S MUZAK
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <41o8g6$n44@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, kateknight@aol.com
(KateKnight) wrote:

> Hounds:
>
>                             I don't know, but it seems to me there is an
> AWFUL LOT of discussion regarding OTHER ARTISTS at this site. Sure, we're
> all politically correct (artistically correct?) denizens, obliged to share
> major info we pick up from Entertainment Tonight or the unshaven dude at
> the local independent record shop, but is this a place to worship THE
> GODDESS, or what??!!

No, this is hardly a place to worship anyone. And as pretty much anyone
else here will tell you, this group is *not* intended to be restricted to
only the discussion of Kate Bush. It's also for similar female
"alternative" artists. If you've been around here for a while, you know
that we've even spoken at length about Kristin Hersh and Lisa Germano

>      You don't see me mentioning the release of Jane Sibbery's new CD
> "Maria" last Tuesday the 22nd, do you?

I do now. And I kind of wish you had earlier; I had no idea it was out
yet. Thank you. Please post a review.

>      Anyway, let's settle down and concentrate on convincing our pop diva
> to tour, or compose an opera based on Arthurian legend, or create an
> original film musical, whatever!

Well, since Kate doesn't read any of this, I'm sure none of us want to
waste our breath. She isn't going to tour again, I think we all know this.
No point in going on about it.

>      Kate is EVERYTHING. Don't you forget it!

Kate is hardly EVERYTHING! We all have interests, musical or otherwise,
that we'd like to share with each other because we have something in
common.
The fact is, Kate has a limited amount of work out, and there's only so
much we can say about it, and if we restricted ourselves to only talking
about her work directly, then we'd still be talking about what gaffa
means, and no-one wants that.

         Anthony Kyle Monday           /
e-mail: akmonday@uclink3.berkeley.edu / "Jai un a^me solitare"