Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

You Want Alchemy.

From: Garrick Twinney <G.Twinney@plymouth.ac.uk>
Date: 30 Aug 95 14:31:55 GMT
Subject: You Want Alchemy.
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi all.

Recently a pen-friend of mine asked me to transcribe the lyrics to 'You Want
Alchemy' as English is not her first language and she was having some
difficulty understanding the words.  Below is my attempt.  Please comment.
When we have it word perfect maybe it could be put on the WWW and FTP sites
associated with Her Highness.

You Want Alchemy - Kate Bush
----------------------------

        On a lonely afternoon,
        On a cloudbusting kind of day.
        We took a wrong mystery tour,
        We got completly lost.
        Somewhere up in the hills,
        And we came upon a bee-keeper,
        And he said.

                 Did you know they can change it all?

        You want alchemy,
        You turn the roses into gold.
        You turn the lilac into honey,
        You make a lot for the pitches.

        And we're thinking,
        Who is this guy?
        Is he some kind of mad or what?
        He said.

                 I don't meet many people,
                 I'm very busy with the hives.
                 Oh, the sun's going down,
                 Oh, when's my cloud of bees coming home?

        They got alchemy,
        You turn the roses into gold.
        You turn the lilac into honey,
        You make a lot for the pitches.

                And they'll do it,
                Do it for you.
                They'll do it,
                Do it for you.
                And if you see them,
                Send them right on home to me.

        What they going to do-oo-oo?

                They're going to <argh-argh-argh> turn the roses into gold.
                And they'll do it for you,
                Do it for you.

        What they going to do-oo-oo?

                Turn the <agrh-argh-argh>

        You make a lot for the pitches.

        What they going to do-oo-oo?

                Turn the lilac into honey.
                And they'll do it for you,
                Do it for you.

        And why not?
        It brings you so much pleasure.

---

I am a little unsure about the line 'You make a lot for the pitches.'

Right I'm off to do 'Show A Little Devotion' as Tanya wanted the lyrics to
this also.

Thanks.

--
Garrick Twinney         'We strangers know each other now as part of
gtwinney@plymouth.ac.uk  the whole design.' - Suzanne Vega 'Gypsy'