Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Found a disc!

From: mickey@ripco.com (Glenn Raye)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 22:26:27 GMT
Subject: Re: Found a disc!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@rci.ripco.com (Net News Admin)

Eric Slone (eslone@osf1.gmu.edu) wrote:

: I just found in a local chain-record store a copy of the "Limited
: Edition" KaTe Bush Interview/Picture Disc.  The tracks are #1, 1982 - The
: Dreaming, and #2 1985 - Hounds of Love.  Is this really a limited
: edition/rare item?

: Thanks,

: Eric

: ________________________________________________________________________________

:  J. Eric Slone                         George Mason University
:                                        Department of Chemistry
:                                        Fairfax, Virginia  22030-4444
:  Internet:   eslone@gmu.edu
:  Compuserve: 73757,2776                "True science teaches, above all, to
:  Fax:        (703) 751-6639             doubt, and to be ignorant."
:  Pager:      (202) 597-2373                               Miguel de Unamuno
:  Voice:      (703) 461-7078
: ________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Eric:
 I spotted that disc about a year ago in a Chicago store. I thought $20
 was a bit steep, so I let it go. later, on a friend's recommendation,
 I started looking for it, and found a copy, last month, at the same store,
 but this time for $12! I scooped it up and have quite enjoyed it.

Some have the material has been transcribed into some of the various
Kate journals that I've encountered, sometimes refered to as a bootleg
CD interview.  The store I found it at is fairly meticulous about
not selling known bootlegs, though. As to rarity: it seems to be
hard to find, but rareness is usually in the eye of the collector,
to mis-quote somebody or other

Hope this helps.

--
 _ _ _