Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hmm...Leave it Open, yet again

From: Carl Payne <cpayne@optical.fiber.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 95 22:15:20 -0600
Subject: Hmm...Leave it Open, yet again
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Someone said the phrase mentioned is "We let the wierdness in."  Would the
auhority figure who posted that please let me know where, exactly, that is
found in print?  I don't seem to have that in my collection (too poor to buy
fan stuff)

BUT, I do have an A/D box.  I sampled the phrase, both of them (there are two
distinct ones, tone's the only difference), and now have them available for
your listening enjoyment.  Very clearly, the "reversed part" says, "AND they
said they were very ill."  The "and" is the giveaway.

I know, I must sound like a complete goober, what with being wrong and all,
and obviously I don't know what I'm talking about at all.  In fact, I'm not
even sure I own any records at all, even the Babooshka 7" I bought when it
first came out because I fell in love with her face.

I suppose what I'm trying to say (so as not to offend anyone who seems to
make a living out of being stern and arrogant in their posts), that if it
really IS the weirdness line, I know exactly what she had to say to get it to
come out that way in reverse.

BTW, I have both sounds in .snd format (NeXT, convertible), both are 16-bit,
44.1 sounds, so they might be big, but I'll put them on my FTP site:
ftp.fiber.net under "True_Music".  If there's enough interest, I can convert
them into .au or .iff or whatever the majority would like.

Carl