Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Songs word gaps

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 1995 15:33:23 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Songs word gaps
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hello again,

I've been listening and reading the words of my recently got Home Demos
CD (thanks again Robb), and have noticed some gaps in the wordsheet
from I mentioned yesterday.

Here are my thoughts on what (possibly) the gaps should be.
The * means the changed lines.

Davy
 	Your face seemed radiant,
*	The walls too steamy,
*	With a crack emerged,
	As I held you

		Oo-ooh...

*		While na-na na-na-na na-na-na Davy dozed.
		I closed my eyes
*		And now the time is close for us to go.
		Hold me, oh hold me.

NB This chorus is repeated again

Ferry Me Over

	High.
*	Can't see you.
*	You've seen your darling
	Alone and higher still

On the Rocks (Lionhearts)

	Joan of Arc walks into my mirror,
	A burning sword.
	I'd like to cry. I look into her eyes.
*	I see she's sitting on days and night.
	"Ooh," she says,

Pick the Rare Flower (Don't See Why I Shouldn't)

	It's quite an occasion.
	It's driving me crazy.

*	I'm not allowed to touch on lust.
	I've gotta get a hold of myself.

	It's calling me.
*	Would I ever see him whisper.
*	A magical opera enchanting me.
	I've gotta get a hold of myself,

Something Like a Song (In My Garden)

	I see him when I turn the lights down low,
	In my garden, wading through the pond.
	Resting sooooo.
	"Oohoo, ahoo, oohoo, ahoo, oohoo, ahoo..."

OK, some of these were guesses and of course can be way out, I've
also not listened to the whole CD while comparing the words with
what is shown in the wordsheet I have (which may also be out of date).

I hope this helps out and others benefit from my observations,
it might help since I was brought up in the same part of England
as Kate (about 20-30 miles away), although I often think she has
more of an Essex accent really (no insults intended), not Kent.
Hmm, the accent is close, maybe her parents were from Essex, or
had some London in them. I don't mind really, I quite like accent
variations, they really fancinate me.

			Bryan Dongray