Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Disco RUTH

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: 12 Aug 1995 14:20:22 GMT
Subject: Re: Disco RUTH
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

lightning1@aol.com (Lightning1) wrote:

> It could be Blue Peal but if it was a male group it was most likely
> Elastic Band (CD= ZYX 7233-8 {German}) or it could be a group called SWEEP
> & Linda Carriere (12"= DAN 659134 6 {Holland}).  I enjoy them both...well
> I really enjoy the song no matter who sings it!
>
> jOHN

Now I'm TRULY confused. I thought Sweep & Linda Carriere covered
Wuthering Heights. But as far as the dance version of RuTH is
concerned, I'm pretty sure the guy meant Kate herself was the
performer...therefore, it must just be the 12-inch single version.

It just seems odd that he'd know about the REALLY rare demo of 'Sat In
Your Lap,' and yet call this 'dance version' rare -- which is one
thing the 12-inch single version of RuTH is not.

Robb