Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Disco RUTH

From: swalker@carl.org (Steve Walker)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 12:30:59 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Disco RUTH
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hello all!!

I have a cd of a band called Blue Pearl that does a version of RUTH.
Could this maybe be what everyone is talking about?

If memory serves correctly, the vocalist's name is Durga McBroom.
The album featured David Gilmour on one or two songs(?)  McBroom has
a wonderful voice and the album contains some wonderful British soul.
Ms. McBroom toured as a background vocalist for Pink Floyd on their
"Delicate Sound Of Thunder" tour.  (I don't expect to be flamed if
this is wrong-Im remembering this at work, it's a Friday, and I'm
old!)

Keep rockin',
Steve.

Ps:I still think the Empty Bullring is one of the best songs ever!!

Any other Coloradio kT fans out there?????

--
Steve Walker:On Line Support Center
CARL Corporation     (303)758-3030