Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest #11.193

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: 12 Aug 1995 07:01:18 GMT
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest #11.193
To: rec-music-gaffa@agate.berkeley.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

faustex@infinity.ccsi.com (Mike Cheselka) wrote:

> In article <403u53$chp@saba.info.ucla.edu>,
> Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu> wrote:
> >I met Milla on a plane once (before her album or 'Dazed And Confused')
> >and she was really pretty rude. I'd said I recognized her (possibly
>
> Doesn't seem rude to me.  Does she owe you an answer?  Maybe she just
> wanted to be left alone to think.  BTW, is she really Russian?  I thought
> she went to high school in the US.

No one owes anyone anything. Well, except me to the IRS. :-)  But the
point is that I was being pleasant, she was being...well...snotty.
Again, as I've said in my first post, she probably thought it was a
come-on (it wasn't). And even if she didn't, you're right in that she
doesn't 'owe' me an answer. But giving an answer -- especially in the
early, early stages of a high-profile career -- is the difference
between a class act and a spoiled prima donna.

I'm not trashing her, really. I think she's actually very good -- and
I didn't want to like her for the longest time. Yes, she is Russian,
but she has lived here in California most of her life. She talks about
it alot on her Divine Home Page. I found two addresses (so I guess
there's an even 'newer' page dedicated to her. The addresses are:

http://www.rockonline.com/emi/milla
http://www.crl.com/~lanny/milla/

Happy Milling,

Robb