Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cathy Demos CD

From: DSearch@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 17:16:04 -0400
Subject: Cathy Demos CD
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Cc: tcestes@ucdavis.edu (thomasc.estes), chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chriswilliams)

Just picked up a CD of The Cathy Tapes, entitled "Home Demos", on Genuine Pig
Records, 29 tracks, with the last 5 being alternate takes and outtakes.  So
you could say that the liner notes credit 24 tracks from the Cathy Tapes
collection.

Must admit I'm disappointed with the sound quality.  Sounds like it was
mastered from an old LP or acetate.  A *lot* of surface noise.

Does anyone know if this is the best this stuff can sound on CD?  Anyone
familiar with this particular disc?  Are there any that are substantially
better in quality and/or track selection?

Anyone who can help me with this question fairly quickly would be most
welcome, as I only have a 30 day window to return the disc if dissatisfied.
 Also, since I'm not currently subscribing, an email would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-- David :)
   DSearch@aol.com