Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Fanaticism

From: Richard Hamilton <74557.664@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 17 Jul 1995 04:18:30 GMT
Subject: Re: Fanaticism
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I can't say that Kate is a GOD either. Kate is an unique artist
who I believe deserves alot more credit that she is getting (esp.
here in the states). I think that we can say that Kate has
influenced many people and artists. You're right there are several
other artists and groups out there. As much as I love Kate, I
can't listen to her stuff 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I would be
loosing out on so much other stuff. Anyone doing that is selling
themselves short. I've learned alot from Kate's music both from
the techinical aspects of her writting and from the views that
Kate writes about. I've started to listen to a bit more folk music
now. I listened to Jazz, classical and popular before I heard
about Kate.

I'm glad to see that you have seen personal growth. I think alot
of us have. Perhaps those people who call Kate GOD have seen this
growth also. But its still great to hear a different mix of a song
just to see how it has progressed. I think we've seen a little bit
of us in Kate. The whole mysticism that surrounds Kate is what
makes her GOD to some people. Take that away and she's just like
the rest of us with talents that we admire. I can say that I don't
NEED Kate, but enjoy the talents of hers that I don't have.