Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Resend : 9thwave.pdf (uses another decodingtype) - 9thwave.uue [01/15]

From: Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan <dmckiern@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 1995 21:20:16 -0700
Subject: Re: Resend : 9thwave.pdf (uses another decodingtype) - 9thwave.uue [01/15]
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

On Sun, 16 Jul 1995, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:

> Dennis Bergstrom wrote:
>
>> [in total 15 messages of binary junk *again*]

It's not junk.  It's manchapuriata, but I've been able to figure out
most or all of how to convert it back into the .pdf. (Got to dash
and do some other stuff before I learn whether the job is done.)

> Look, mate.  Will you stop posting binaries in here?  Upload to an
> FTP site, by all means, or post them to a binaries group.  But refrain
> from effectively mail-bombing the group.  Have a little consideration
> for those that pay for their own news feed.

This is really unkind.  Bergstrom is trying to make available
something that most of us would like to have, and the attempt has
clearly involved significant effort on his part.  If you =had= to
slam him, couldn't you have done that with direct email?

          It's always Dark.  Light only hides the Darkness.

          Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan           (619) 535 - 0546
          athanatos@UCSD.edu   132.239.147.2    <75013,676>