Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Ninth Wave - The Screenplay

From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevq@banana.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 13:19:06 GMT
Subject: Re: The Ninth Wave - The Screenplay
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Dennis Bergstrom (Dennis.Bergstrom@era.ericsson.se) said, in message <3u5imd$kp4@erinews.ericsson.se>:

> Hi again,
> I'll try to upload the screenplay but heaven knows if my reader can make
> it! I'll try anyway!
>
> // Dennis

There's nothing wrong with your newsreader, but there is definitely
something wrong with your brain.  "rec.music.gaffa" is a *discussion*
group.  Close to a megabyte of binary wav files are *not* appreciated.
I and many like me pay by the minute to download this sort of thing,
and don't expect to see large volumes of junk in the group.

I'll assume that you're new.  Some suggestions:

 1) Subscribe to news.announce.newusers.

 2) If you must post binaries, post them to a binaries newsgroup.
    These can be spotted by the cunning way in which the word
    "binaries" appears in the newsgroup name.

 3) Consider uploading them to an FTP site.  You may need to find
    out what FTP is - I'm not going to go into that here.

Most importantly, take a little time out to *think* before posting
anything, especially anything that isn't normal for the group.

--
Kevin F. Quinn           * "No-one ever made any money out of good
kevq@banana.demon.co.uk  *  looks and charm."