Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Ninth Wave - The Screenplay

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 08:57:53 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: The Ninth Wave - The Screenplay
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET>

On Fri, 14 Jul 1995, Dennis Bergstrom wrote:

> Hi again,
> I'll try to upload the screenplay but heaven knows if my reader can make
> it! I'll try anyway!
>
> // Dennis

I'd scream "Noooo! Nooooo! Wait! Stop!"

But it's too late. Sigh. Yuck. What a mess.

What happened to the idea of putting it on a web site? What happened to
defining what "long" is before hastily upload hundreds of k to a newsgroup
that goes out to many people as a *mailing list* often as a *digest* for
people downloading mail with *modems*. God, if there are any gaffans
downloading mail at 2400bps, we aren't going to hear from them for the
rest of the century!

scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us == Stuart M. Castergine   |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/
In life's grief                                      |               |\
Can you hang on to me? --Kate Bush, _Big Stripey Lie_|