Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate video awards

From: Scott Telford <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 12:10:46 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate video awards
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: cnews@dcs.ed.ac.uk

In article <3u1ukc$f8a@ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>, jamezh@ix.netcom.com
(James Hoover) writes:
> When I first saw these costumes in the video, I immediately assumed
> they were the "Cyberman" suits from the SF show Dr. Who, minus the
> gloves and helmets.  The video was made for Top of the Pops, also on
> BBC1, I think.  Perhaps the "Dreaming" costumes were made from the same
> sort of old flight suits that were also the basis for the Cybermen's
> 1980's look.

Spooklily enough, the current Homeground includes a letter which claims
that the suit Kate wore in the Dreaming vid was actually an ex-RAF Mk.22C
inner flying suit as worn by Phantom crew, which were also the basis for
the Cybermen outfits. I assume Kate's one had to be taken in a bit to
fit her 8-)

> Incidentally, it was once rumored that Kate Bush had written a story
> for Dr. Who called Kinda, which contained lots of feminist and buddhist
> imagery (so they say, I never saw it).  The story was attributed to an
> author named Christopher Bidmead - get it?  C.B. - Catherine Bush.

Isn't this old chestnut in the FAQ?

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.(+44 131 650 5978)