Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate video awards.

From: btd@carina.cray.com (Bryan Dongray)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 16:25:16 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Kate video awards.
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi all,

I'll bite...

> 1. best overall video
	Exp IV
> 2. best video "early years" (1978-1980)
	Army Dreamers
> 3. best video "glory years" (1981-1987)
	Exp IV, but is that really 1988+, I dunno!
	If so, then Cloudbusting
> 4. best video "quiet years" (1988-1994)
	Line/Cross/Curve - is that cheating?

It was hard to answer 2-4, I've never grouped Kate this way,
timestamping does not happen in my mind.

> 5. best hairdo
	Lionheart style, may not be in a video though, although
	the Babooshka "warrior" is close.
> 6. best costume
	Dreaming "still suits" - read Dune.
	Anyone agree that's what these are?
> 7. best dance
	Rubberband girl, synching idea - excellent.
> 8. best special effects
	Dreaming laser beam being pulled, simple but excellent illusion
> 9. worst video
	Wow, on Whole Story - not a video for the song at all!
> 10. song you wished there was a video for
	Hello Earth; Under Ice; Deeper Understanding
	Babooshka could have had a better video, something to do with
	the story line (at least) - what's wrong with this song anyway?
	it's one of my faves, but I keep hearing people say "worst song"
	I won't say what I think is her worst, two reasons it's difficult
	and someone else will flame me.
> 11. best head apparel (hat)
	Big Sky - WWII pilot one, but not viewing and just remembering
	it may not actually exist!
> 12. favorite "guest" artist
	Exp IV - comic strip team are good, but I guess Slarty Bardfast
	from Hitchhickers guide TV series, can't remember his real name,
	he is the head scientist.

This was particularly hard for two reasons, one I'm doing it all from
memory, as I generally listen rather than watch the videos, two I've
actually only two videos of Kate, the rest is vague memories from
Top of the Pops, or Chart Show, etc, on UK TV!
Memories are weird, like for a long time I was sure TKI US LP cover she
was wearing boots, but yes I know just red socks.
I do remember seeing the December 1979 BBC TV program, I wish videos
were more common then, anyone got this? Anyone know where I can get the
Cathy Demos too?

			Bryan Dongray