Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Video Awards

From: TPERRY@VMSVAX.SIMMONS.EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 16:09:46 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Kate Video Awards
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hello all,

On July 11, Ron Girardin wrote:

>I thought perhaps it would be interesting
>to have the views of others about kate's videos...in a
>"kate video awards" kinda way.

Fun idea!

>Here are some of the categories I thought up
>(feel free to add more)

Here are my votes...

>1. best overall video
Sat in Your Lap

>2. best video "early years" (1978-1980)
Babooshka

>3. best video "glory years" (1981-1987)
Cloudbusting

>4. best video "quiet years" (1988-1994)
The Sensual World

>5. best hairdo
Suspended in Gaffa

>6. best costume
Babooshka

>7. best dance
Hammer Horror

>8. best special effects
Breathing

>9. worst video
"Moments of Pleasure" (clip from LCC-- how many times can
one woman turn in a circle?)

>10. song you wished there was a video for
Night of the Swallow; Get Out of My House

>11. best head apparel (hat)
Army Dreamers

>12. favorite "guest" artist
Tim McInnery (This Woman's Work)

As an additional category, how about "worst special effects?"
I would have "Wuthering Heights" and "Hammer Horror" tied
here for all that weird blurry stuff (I'm sure it has a name).  Very
distracting.

And how about "Best Appearence by Kate in Someone Else's
Video?"  Both versions of "Don't Give Up" would win hands-
down in my book.

Cheers,
Nancy

*****
Just a reminder (for those who might have missed my first post)
I'm hosting a Katemas party on 7/30 for the greater Boston area.
Email me at TPerry@vmsvax.simmons.edu for more details.