Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Fruitopia

From: faustex@infinity.ccsi.com (Mike Cheselka)
Date: 11 Jul 1995 14:59:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Fruitopia
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
content-length: 768
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <13900.9506291800@cs3.brookes.ac.uk>,
smith david rt <p0070421@brookes.ac.uk> wrote:
>I have to agree with Scott Telford of Univ of Edindurgh that one of the Fruitopia adverts doesn't sound like KaTe. So far I've seen two (I think) adverts and
>one was definitely KaTe. The second one sounded a lot like the Cocteau Twins
>(and no I can't remember the name of the lead singer.) As an aside I actually
Elizabeth Fraser.  You are all urged to check out her work( actually the
band's work), esp. 'The Pink Opaque'.  IMHO, she is better than Tori
Amos, Bjork, and Kate Bush; not put together, but seperately.

Ciao!

P.S.  They have a new song out, 'Need Fire', on the Judge Dredd
soundtrack.  Not their best, but quite good( they've never had a bad one).