Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Fruitopia ads in NZ!

From: faustex@infinity.ccsi.com (Mike Cheselka)
Date: 11 Jul 1995 15:21:11 -0500
Subject: Re: Fruitopia ads in NZ!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
content-length: 1183
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <Pine.B44.3.91.950703223118.4232A-100000@mu.sans.vuw.ac.nz>,
tabby ever after <whiskers@sans.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>Yup, the Fruitopia advertisments are being shown in New Zealand. I
>haven't seen them myself yet, but apparently they have American voiceovers.
>Plenty of posters around too...
>
>Did the British ads change the voiceovers as well as the music? If not,
>how will I tell if the music is Kate and not Liz? Does Liz do Kate's
>music, or does she compose her own?

Elizabeth Fraser and Kate Bush are both original, but you can get an idea
of how they sound by listeneing to the Sundays and Tori Amos,
respectively; if that makes sense.  All I can say is that you will know it
when you hear it.  They are not alike.  Try to get your hands on a Cocteau
Twins album( prefrably The Pink Opaque or Four-Calender Cafe), or the
Judge Dredd soundtrack( fourth track: 'Need Fire').

>BTW, many thanks to IED for posting the "episode guide". :)

Much appreciation from me too, IED!