Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Holiday in Europe/ TREACLE

From: willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de (Wieland Willker)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 11:11:31 +0200
Subject: Holiday in Europe/ TREACLE
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Just reading someone wants to visit Germany? Or Europe?
Please do not play with the electric fire!
This is, what the 'Bible' says (Book KBC 13 (1983), p. 3, verse 8):

[In Rome:]
"I had to rehearse my number in my room, and not having a European plug, I
took the old one off and began to stick the bare wires into the plug
socket, which  was hidden behind the table. All the lights went out in the
room, so I ran into the  hall--no lights. I was half expecting to see
soldiers cocking their rifles, having traced the source of the light
failure. I went into my room, and a few minutes later the lights came back
on. Gary and Dougie came up later, and when I told them they started
laughing--apparently the whole hotel had blacked out, and the soldiers in
reception had been a little on edge, to say the least.
So I won't do that again, and I recommend calling reception to see if
they'll help you out if you ever find yourself with two bare wires in a
foreign hotel!"

You're the One (treacle):
=========================
Because there isn't much news around, please listen again to "You're the
One".
Thank you Heidi for bring this up. I love those little mysteries and I
think it's much nearer to Kate than most of last weeks mails. So, no one
will flame you, Heidi!

'TREACLE' is located as follows: (in sec.)
4'49  first "Sugar"
4'57  "Honey"
5'04  second "Sugar"
5'13  cry "Whayee-ee-eeahagh" or something like that
5'23  "Treacle"  , in a much lower voice.
There _IS_ a word that sounds very much like "treacle", but I think, it can
be assigned unequivocally only by someone with sound/computer-equipment.

Best wishes
     Wieland