Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

kate's LaserDiscs

From: Yamamoto Sozo <sozo@isl.mei.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 09:39:41 +0900
Subject: kate's LaserDiscs
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

These days I'm getting to be busier and cannot spend enough time to read
news articles.  But some recent messages about Laser Disk releases
drove me to do summarization on video releases in Japan.

Here's a list of Kate's videos released in Japan.
The source of the information is a CD-ROM based data retrieval system
available at a local CD shop.
Entries without issue date are from other resources such as `the
Illustrated Collector's Guide.'

Compared with alec's post, there are slight differences.
One thing I can point out is that `The hair of the Hound' is out of print.

Different releases surely exist.  These are usually to drop prices.
For example, Live at Hammersmith Odeon was first priced 16,000 yen
and later reissued 4635 yen.

Also, some other discs with Kate's name are included in this list.
You can see there's Wuthering Heights Rockflix version on LD !
Some disc such as Peter Gabriel's Cv are missing, the searching
strategy was simply to "Fing all videos with Kate Bush as Artist Name."

Japanese Title [Original Title]
				Media/	Catalog		Issue	Price
				 Label	 Number		 Date	 (Yen)

Kate Bush Live [Live at Hammersmith Odeon]
				VHS TO	TT161021	------ 16000 X O
				VHS TO	WK0483012H	881005	4635
				LD  PI	SM0483198	------	   ? X
				LD  PI	SM0353491	900325	3605 X
Video Collection [The Single File]
				VHS TO	TT131060FI	------ 13000 X O
				VHS TO	TT481256HI	880605	4635 X
				LD  PI	SM0580019	------	   ? X
				LD  PI	SM0483292	890125	4666 X
The Hair of the Hound
				LD  PI	SM0483111	861125	4666 X O
Kate Bush Story [The Whole Story]
				VHS TO	TT101169HI	------ 10000 X O
				VHS TO	WK0483013H	881005	4635
				LD  TO	L100-1076	------	   ? X
				LD  TO	TOLW3084	910614	4800   O
The Sensual World
				VHS TO	TOVW3189	940727	4200
				LD  TO	TOLW3189	940727	4200   O
The Red Shoes [The Line, The Cross & The Curve]
				VHS TO	TOVW3198	941214	4800
				LD  TO	TOLW3198	941214	4800   O

ROKKU EIZOU NENKAN '78 [Rock'N'Roll The Greatest Years '78]
	Wuthering Heights
				VHS PO	VAVJ242		911125	4900
				LD  PO	VALJ3242	911125	4900   O
Earthrise - The Rainforest Video -
	Don't Give Up (w. Peter Gabriel)
				VHS PO	VAVJ421		950525	4900
				LD  PO	VALJ3421	950525	4900   O
Two Rooms
	Candle in the Wind
				VHS PO	VAVP290		911025	5900 X
The Price's Trust Rock Gala 1982
	Widow (Wedding List)
				VHS PO	VAVZ2064	930325	3300
				LD  PO	VALJ3227	910410	5900   O
Pop Music Now vol.6
	Wuthering Heights
				LD  PI	SM0683061	861025	6613 X

	NOTE:
	1. Titles are not necessarily exact.
	2. Label codes are;
		TO: Toshiba EMI, PI: Pioneer LDC, PO: VideoArts Japan
	3. An item with `X' after its price is out of print,
	   `O' is for `i Own it' ;-)

--	sozo@isl.mei.co.jp
--	YAMAMOTO Sozo