Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

IED's military connection

From: pdCampbell <a026120@goodyear.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 95 11:16:46 EDT
Subject: IED's military connection
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (The Love Hounds)
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

IED reports:
>IED received the following from Nancy, an excellent
>and knowledgeable Kate fan:
>
> > Isn't "IED" military slang for "identified
> > explosive device," or something like that?

Lacking any military background...
I don't recall ever hearing of "IED" as a military term.  This sounds
suspiciously like "UXB", which supposedly *was* a term for "unexploded
bomb".  I faintly recall a show imported from England by that name,
which was about bomb squads searching for german rocket bombs that had
landed in London without exploding.

--
The UnderToad (P. Dale Campbell)
___
 |    "When I was young, I carried a gun,
 |/       but I never got the chance to serve..."
 |\