Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Kate Fanhood.

From: "Horace 'The Eye' Buntley" <cerebus@ebhon.jnst.uor.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 1995 00:22:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: New Kate Fanhood.
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@uu.net>

Hey, Greg...It's fun, isn't it, first getting into Kate?  I remember
thinking "this is complex, layered, convoluted music, kinda like Rush".
Funny, though...the KateFan/RushFan crossover seems to be kinda thin.
So, I enjoy hearing someone else have a similare reaction to Her
KateNess.  My ex-girlfriend, who got me into Kate, couldn't stand Geddy's
voice -- she was a Voice major, and she kept on complaining about poor
vocal production, and flinching and covering her throat whenever the old
boy started to sing.  I never saw her complain about what Kate does in
"Houdini", though...hmm.

UnderToad:  of course Kate isn't really God.  She's the *Goddess* of
all.  Now, no denying it; I have documentation in the _Discordian's Guide
to Kate-Worship_:  "Some Discordians, after being exposed to the TRUE
POWER of real KaTe MuSic, split off to form the Gaffan Discordians...
denying Eris her primary role as Great Extra-Gnifty Goddess, and holding
Her KateNess as Prime Top-o'-the-Heap."".

|cerebus@ebhon.jnst.uor.edu|"Perhaps *two* sacks of gold?" -- C. the Aardvark|
#include <std.disclaimer>

"I am no longer hungry," Eusthenes said.  "Until the morrow, safe from my
saliva all the following shall be:  Aspics, Acalephs, Acanthocephalates,
Amoebocytes, Ammonites, Axolotls, Amblystomas, Aphislions, Anacondas,
Ascarids, Amphisbaenas, Angleworms, Amphipods, Anaerobes, Annelids,
Anthozoans..."

#endsig