Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Roy Harper to Perform in US!!

From: igg@intrepid.net (Allan Balliett)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 11:32:04 -0500
Subject: Roy Harper to Perform in US!!
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

ANNOUNCING A VERY SPECIAL EVENT!!
=================================

(Don't miss update below)

Roy Harper - long time Kate Bush collaborator, British folk legend and
Jimmy Page collaborator - will make a rare US performance at the legendary
Intergalactic Garage in Shepherdstown, WV on July 1.

Admission is free, but requires a ticket available by RSVPing to this
announcement.

Roy will be signing CDs and chatting at the shop after noon. The
performance will be about 4pm. There is plenty of room, but your seat must
be pre-booked.

Roy will be performing one song from the album he has been working on in
Shepherdstown, tentatively I Hate the White Man, and an additional song
that will probably be determined by attendees through jousting events,
divination or some other fair means that emerges from the mind of the ever
clever Mr. Harper.

(As of today, Roy is saying that he will be performing for as long as he is
'happy.' I've interpreted this to mean that if there is a good turnout, the
three song ceiling will be off.)

Intergalactic Garage is located outside the Antietam battlefield on the
Potomac river 90 miles from Washington-Baltimore. It is a historic
community that offers much for the the music-inspired visitor. Check out
the WWW page for details and a map. (www.intrepid/igg/igg.html then look
for the visitor's info link)

Roy performed on the Breathing single and on Neverforever. Bring 'em, Roy
will sign them.

It is my pleasure to announce that HQ is being re-issued (with bonus trx)
at the end of July and The Unknown Soldier will be issued this fall
(featuring THE GAME, with Kate Bush.)

Remember - everyone who RSVPs this week will get a good seat. Tickets are
free. It is our pleasure to provide this venue for a singer/songwriter
legend. (Yes, we should have Roy's entire CD & video catalog in good stock
that day - as we do always.)

STAY HOME, NIGEL!

INTERGALACTIC GARAGE
POB 3047
Shepherdstown, WV
25443
(304) 876-6818
(304) 876-9414 FAX
Email = igg@loki.intrepid.net
WWW Page//www.intrepid.net/igg/igg.html

6/23 Update: Roy is talking of playing for a full hour! We are moving the
gig to an auditorium. This is a very special opportunity - for FREE! -
don't miss out!
-Allan