Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fruitopi -urgh!

From: "J.A.Harkness" <J.A.Harkness@sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 10:13:45 +0100
Subject: Fruitopi -urgh!
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi Folks

Andy Semple wrote:-

> Whilst watching the lucky French beat Scotland in the Rugby World Cup
> yesterday I was taken by surprise!!The distinctive tones of our beloved Kate
> could clearly be heard in the Fruitopia ad at the end of the game.

Distinctive?  Um, I wasn't actually looking at the TV screen and
thought "Oooh, it's the Cocteau Twins!".......ah, well!

The ad was the Kaleidoscopic one which suddenly says 'Fruitopia' in a
most unlikely way.........actually, much as I love Kate and the
Cocteaus (Cocteaux?)  I have to admit to being somewhat
disappointed.....I guess this is what months of anticipation does for
you.....sigh!

And, Fruitopia isn't all that nice, either....I'd much rather have
Snapple!

A depressed Will Yum!