Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sexual Healing - Rumour Control

From: 100427.2530@compuserve.com (Peter Chow)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 01:16:12
Subject: Sexual Healing - Rumour Control
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hmmm... I've been luring for a while and think that I can clear up a couple of
points about this cover track.

Kate recorded 'Sexual Healing' for an album by folk musician Davey Spillaine
to go on his current album 'A Place Among The Stones'. She also recorded
'The Man I Love' for a Gershwin tribute album. Somewhere along the line
someone got confused and this is where the rumour of Kate recording a
track for a Marvin Gaye tribute album started.

'The Man I Love' appeared on the Larry Adler album called 'The Glory of
Gershwin' and the 'Sexual Healing' track didn't show up on Davey's album
(although some people have heard it because it was previewed at the KBC
convention last year).

I spoke to Dr. Bush a few months ago and asked him about the matter.

The reason it didn't appear on 'A Place Among The Stones' is because Davey's
management thought that it didn't fit in with the more traditional folk
material on the album.

However, this is not to say that the track is lost. Kate holds the rights to
that recording and I have been told that she will *definitely* release it but
probably as a B-side.

Peter Chow from Brighton (UK)