Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hi folks...

From: sundiver@ix.netcom.com (Alan )
Date: 24 May 1995 14:47:48 GMT
Subject: Re: Hi folks...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <Pine.3.89.9505231249.A1275-0100000@cd.cd.columbus.oh.us> "Stuart M.
Castergine" <scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us> writes:

>My first lasting exposure to her was her other performance on that
show,
>_The Man With The Child In His Eyes_. I didn't get seriously into Kate
for
>years afterward, and I didn't even know who she was at the time, but
wow,
>the image of that woman in the gold bodysuit sitting on top of a grand
>piano and singing in the most awesome voice stuck with me from that
moment
>on. I hesitate to admit it, but I was about 16 years old then and in
>addition to touching me musically, she scrambled my adolescent
hormones.
>That performance was so sensual I remember being a little overwhelmed
by
>it at the time. She was like nothing I had ever seen before. It sort
of
>faded from my memory over the years so that It wasn't until fairly
>recently that I re-connected that memory with Kate. I didn't know it
then,
>but I was destined to be a KateFan. :-)

Wow (to borrow a phrase), that's just how it was with me, except I came
in on the show late and missed the first song.  I was 15 at the time.
Years later I came across "The Whole Story" in a record store and
thought, geez this woman looks familiar.  It wasn't until after I had
backtracked and bought The Kick Inside that I realized that haunting
woman on SNL many years ago was indeed Kate Bush.

Alan