Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1995-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Advice Needed...

From: <JBOWIE51@MAINE.maine.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 09:53:07 EDT
Subject: Advice Needed...
To: REC-MUSIC-GAFFA@GATECH.EDU
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi all.  Over the past few years I've become a fan of Kate and her
music, and am in the process of making a tape to give to a friend
that would serve as a sampler of some of Kate's work, for the
purpose of giving him an idea of Kate's artistic vision.  Problem
is, I only own Red Shoes, Sensual World, Hounds of Love and the
Whole Story, so my range of material to use in the sampler is
limited.

What I'm looking for are suggestions on what other fans feel are
the best songs to include in the tape.  I'm trying to acheive a
sense of balance between songs that some may consider more
"accessible" such as "Top of the City" and works such as "Sat
In Your Lap" (both of which I love).  Any help would be very
much appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

-John